OSX and Windows release notes
Version 4.0.1 – 25/07/2017
- Bug fix : technopipe GHB fingering and Trino Standard fingering added.
- Spanish translation improvment.
- Known issue : the user manual button doesn't work. Instead, click on "Open folder" and enter the subfolder "Manuals" where the manuals are.
Version 4.0.0 – 09/04/2017Instruments:
- All factory instruments are now at least 2 octaves. The user instruments remain unchanged.
New user interface: entirely redesigned
- Rotary button: maintain pressed or double click to center a rotary button.
- Full screen mode for the standalone application
New home page: gather the instruments main settings and improve visibility of the current instrument (formally preset)
- New 440 Hz button: tune to 440 Hz in one click.
New harmony page: gather the tone, scale, drones tuning, second voice and MIDI chanter selection
- Scale modification (formally mode management) can be set for each instrument and activated dynamically,
- Vibrato (pitchbend) depth of your MIDI device can be tuned,
- Glissando can be set for each instrument (requires a compatible MIDI instrument)
Effect page: gather all effects on a pedalboard
- Pre-defined settings are available for each effect. You can access all the parameters choosing « custom »
- New « import effects » function: this function allows you to import the effects configuration from another instrument in the current one.
- Delay : set the tempo by value or tap tempo
Page magneto: gather a MIDI reader & recorder, a BWW reader, an audio recorder and a metronome
- New MIDI recorder,
- Metronome can now play different beats.
New fine tuning page: gather all instrument tunings, chanter and drones, in one page
- New “duplicate function”: you’ve tuned a bagpipe to your taste and would like to use this same tuning on another bagpipe? Easy! Select a bagpipe you want to tune, press “duplicate tuning” and select the bagpipe with the tuning you want to copy. A bit of drones fine tuning might be useful.
MIDI page: gather all settings to control Universal Piper with MIDI
- New “automatic toggle detection” mode for all ON/OFF MIDI parameter : a short ON/OFF pulse will be interpreted as a toggle, a long ON/OFF sequence as a momentary switch
- New MIDI controls: LA440, Glissando, delay tempo, chanter scale modification
- New chanter stop delay following a note off reception. Allows you to ignore short silences.
- New MIDI chanter: trino, degerpipe 2+ Baroque/Bechonnet/Medieval/Gaita/Gaita extended
New piano page: a keyboard included in Universal Piper
Hardware page: audio and MIDI input settings
- You can now set your audio output as double mono output,
- Supports Bluetooth MIDI adapters (requires a computer compatible with BT 4.0),
- Automatic detection and activation of the MIDI inputs
- New touch screen mode: menus are optimized to be touched controlled.
- Simplified Universal Piper library folder : now remain only the useful files to exchange with your iOS device or other computer